Thursday, January 23, 2014

Blessed


Today started with having to deal with the mafia…

Well maybe not the mafia but dealing with the IRS sure can feel like you’re having an encounter with Al Capone.  So I’m making calls, printing papers, (that they messed up) making more calls, biting my nails, getting frustrated, then it hit me; I am seriously blessed!

I have a wonderful wife who follows me into all my crazy ideas.  You have to understand I’m the guy who says let’s move out of our beautiful house in California,   Most wives would’ve said your crazy, not mine, she said, “I’m in”.  Last Sunday Restoration Church had its 2nd birthday.  I am literally in tears (MANLY TEARS) writing this thinking about all God has done in only 2 short years.
15min from your parents, sale half of all we own, move into an apartment in Wichita KS, with no money, very few people, and plant a church.
The Cali house

You have to understand I know who I am.  I’m a nobody, but I’m a nobody who believes that God can use people like me to make a difference in the world. 

I have 2 wonderful kids who fill my heart with joy every time I get home and they run with excitement to greet me.

I have a wonderful staff who love me and my family, and get the vision of Restoration Church.

The church is full of amazing people who get that life isn’t all about them but it’s about honoring God and letting Him do what He wants in and through us. 

We aren’t the biggest church in the world, we won’t be in any magazine but we are changing the world… at least for some.

We just got back from Kenya where we have our first partner church Restoration Chapel Kitale and God is opening up so many doors, it’s crazy.  We are starting a  program called Restoring Hope that I will tell you more about in the future. Here is a quick picture, we are going to take kids who live in a slum, who have to beg, who are being trafficked, who have no hope and they are going to be our kids.  These kids will get an education, these kids, will get a degree, these kids will get jobs, these kids will not be hungry and these kids will not raise their kids in the slum. The coolest part, I didn’t create it.  Somebody in the church caught the vision and propelled the vision forward.

I leave for India the end of February to begin to set up the same systems that we have in East Africa.  If I stop and think about it, it’s kind of overwhelming and scary but that’s how I know it’s just where I need to be.

I get to preach the Bible every Sunday and last week we started the book of Ecclesiastes and I can’t wait for this Sunday to teach again.

We get to see people’s lives changed every week.  People are getting their God dreams and living them out in Wichita and all over the world.  The by-product of that is the hungry are being fed, those in need are getting help and the lost are finding Jesus.

I am blessed. 

I know who I am, and I know that I don’t deserve to be apart of any of this, but I guess that’s what grace is all about.  Getting what I don’t deserve and not getting what I do deserve.


If you don’t have your God dream yet contact me I would love to help you find it.  There is nothing like living out something that is bigger then yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Love this Scott. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Scott...We miss you, keep up the good work brother

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Scott...and what you and Candice and your church are doing! Very excited to watch the God dream you all have been given unfold....even if from afar. Lol...glad you clarified your tears were manly tears...but either way its been awesome to watch you all step out and see God bless your steps. Looking forward to hearing about India and Restoration Hope.

    ReplyDelete